Sunday, June 20, 2010

Graduations, Flowers and Boxes

We have had a week of graduations here in the Horton household - and what a busy week it has been!

Olly is finally able to close the books on his Executive MBA. He has worked incredibly hard and we're very proud of him. The weeks away, the late nights and slightly stressful times have been worth it and his official graduation was Thursday night.

On Wednesday I watched in wonder as a lady struggled down the road carrying the most enormous basket of flowers. I was astonished to find that these plants were destined for our house. It was a thank you to the grads and their families from Walmart - a thanks for all the effort and support.

Orchids, lilies, primula and lots more that I can't name.... Not sure what I think, but nice to get an acknowledgement.

The other grad in the house is Meg. A slightly kooky Canadian tradition but here they like to mark the 'graduation' from Kindergarten to Grade 1.

So here is a little excerpt from Meg's little presentation.



And here are my two graduates....

With only 10 days to go before we move I did some panic packing this weekend and the boxes are beginning to pile up. We are now at the stage where there are boxes half packed in every room - it's very chaotic looking but I'm certain I'm actually organised... yes - I'm organised... Do you believe me?

And Jill, whenever you get to read this we are / have been / will be sending love, good vibes, positive waves and hugs and kisses... Speak soon.

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vic can I have a copy of the graduates pic and the one of meg lying on the coach and a good pic of tess.I have enjoyed showing your blog to all my visitors. lv u all lots Jill xxx

    ReplyDelete