Friday, January 21, 2011

Fly in the Ointment, Appreciate and Beauty

What a busy week we've had here. The new rhythms of the family, with me working, are kicking in and things are not feeling as frantic as last week. I now have less time to get things done during the day, but that's just the way it is, I suppose!

The added 'fly in the ointment' (though it could be a good fly) is that there is a possibility that I will be doing further Smartboard training at a school in the area. This time I could be paid!!! Still waiting to hear the outcome.
As a result of this I have been doing lots of research on the Internet looking for exciting ways to incorporate technoogy into the classroom via the Smartboard.

There is so much out there and my creative juices are flowing and I find myself full of inspiration. I cannot wait to try some of these things out in the classroom

My current favourite is Wordle. Wordle creates word clouds out of selected texts and presents them in a beautiful and fascinating way. I created this one out of dictionary and theasaurus definitions for my One Little Word which is Appreciate

I have almost completed my January assigment for the OLW class (as my page protectors finally came from Two Peas in a Bucket). I am, however, moving very slowly. My friend came for a day of scrapbooking on Wednesday and I barely got a thing done; still, very good for the soul! When it's done I'll post it here so you can see what I'm talking about.

Today is a PD Day (an INSET day, to you Englishers) so the girls and I have been hanging out. The weather has been very snowy again so they're both outside playing. We built a tunnel in the front garden and these are the pictures of Tess and Meg playing in it.


Sheer beauty, don't you agree?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Meg & Tess really beautiful love & miss you Lv Grandma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tess & Meg
    How is your poorly throat?Did you have today at home to get better? My friend(Lorraine) came today and we went into Google earth and we saw your house. It was good. Will you and Tess send some art work to me to put on the wall in the kitchen? Take care love you Grandma xx

    ReplyDelete