Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy, New and Year

Just have to share some Christmas videos with you.

These clips show two very happy girls, make me feel very happy and hopefully will make you happy too.





So the new year has begun and I have deliberately not made any new year's resolutions (though in my head I've made the usual ones about losing weight, being better at keeping in touch, you know the sort of thing...) because already I would feel let down with myself.

Instead I've decided to go with Ali Edwards and opt for a word of the year. Her One Little Word project over at Big Picture Scrapbooking seems a great way of making some changes without it being too obvious. Plus it's a creative project which I need ('cos another one of my secret, I'm-not-telling-anyone-else resolutions is to do more scrapping...!).

Anyway, for the record, my word is going to be appreciate.

Tonight I appreciate listening to the girls playing contentedly in the basement while I cook dinner (and the cold glass of rose wine that is helping...)

And the new year has already brought change to the Horton household. I started work this week (a little part-time job at a little insurance office while I wait until I can apply for teaching jobs for this September).

I was supposed to start on Tuesday but in true style Tess was sick Monday night so I had to phone my new boss and tell her that I wouldn't be in work on my first day.... Ha! Not a great phone call to have to make.

Ho hum - onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment