Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Funny, Faraway and First

Want to hear a funny story?

You know that Olly has started his sailing course (which has been a slight bone of contention since he did not inform me about how LONG the course was.... 7 Saturdays, 9-5pm). It has all been a little confused. He missed the first one because he thought the course started later in the year, and the second Saturday was so freezing cold and stormy they didn't go out on the water at all. So finally this Saturday looked all set. He goes down to the marina and is approached by the admin lady who discretely asked for a word.

"I don't have any record of you paying for the course."

Olly answered, rather abruptly, "I have paid - just check your records."

"Well that's the problem there is no record of you paying."

"Yes - I corresponded with Andrea - she took my money." As you can imagine, Olly's getting pretty ticked off at this point.

The admin lady looked at him and said, "There's no-one here called Andrea..."

Pause...

"This is Mooredale Sailing club?"
"No -this is Jamestown!!!!"

Ha! Olly had been sailing at the wrong club for the past 2 weeks... Ahh!!!!


Tess is just finishing a homework assignment. She has to choose a book to recommend to the whole class for their teacher to read aloud and write about why it should be chosen.

Her choice was 'The Magic Faraway Tree' by Enid Blyton. This was my favourite book when I was her age. I remember it as the first book I wanted to share with friends once I'd read it. There are actually 3 books in the series and I read them all back-to-back when I read it to the girls.

They loved it and Tess said she felt like she was in the story and never wanted me to finish a chapter. I think it would be an excellent choice for her class.


And finally and rather randomly I was going through some photos of Meg's first year and found these lovely ones of her with Grandma.... So just because here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment