Friday, May 7, 2010

Leased, Details and Fling

After a steady stream of people through the house over the past few days (which meant we've had to keep everything very tidy...) the house has finally been leased. It brings things into perspective that we only have a few weeks before we actually move. I had a moving company give us a quote yesterday, and I'll be getting boxes next week to begin the whole packing process... As our moves have been international previously I haven't had to pack everything up myself in a while. I'm sure it's going to take longer than I really think. The countdown is on to the 2nd July!

I wanted to show this picture that Meg did for me the other day. Pictures of pet shops are her favourite thing to draw; she usually does them at bedtime, sitting hunched over her desk with her little lamp on. In the morning she'll present me with her masterpiece and explain each compartment to me.
I just love the details. Can you spot the chameleon who is camouflaged? Did you notice the tree frog with his feet against the glass? there are stick insects (or stick bugs as she calls them), rabbits, fish, hamsters, birds in cages, there's even a little hermit crab... I think they're amazing.
The reason this post is late is that I started yesterday and then ran out of time as it was the big school fundraiser last night; the John Wanless Spring Fling.
Because the school is so big (over 750 students) this is a huge event, and very posh. It was an interesting evening; connecting with people you don't often see and making connections wit parents we hadn't yet met. It was difficult to recognise people. We are so used to seeing each other on the school yard, no make up, track suits and jeans, hats on heads... Everyone had pushed the boat out; posh frocks, hair do's, make up... It was so much fun...
I'll try to keep up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment