Sunday, May 9, 2010

Meringue, World and Mothers

Olly was off on the first of his sailing days yesterday - there are 5 more weeks after this. The weather was horrible and the girls were busy playing with the Moores so I decided to have a cooking day.
I pulled out the oldest of my cook books (the one I made when I was in my 20s with clippings and cuttings from magazines) and found 'Mushroom Pots' (mushrooms in a creamy sauce under a pastry lid), 'Lemon & Basil Chicken' (roasted chicken finished with lemon and wine) served with spinach and bread and the yummiest dessert, 'Black Forest Meringue Cake' (a chocolate meringue sandwiched with chocolate, cherries and whipped cream). It was liked by all!

The girls had spent the best part of the day with Heather, Lily and Ashley which resulted in the usual craziness and backwards and forwards-ing (!?!!!) We watched a video to smooth things out for an hour or so and when Olly got home there was singing...

They have been learning 'We Are The World' at school - this is very cute...

And here it is Mothers Day. There has been lots of whispering and hiding and 'Did you see thats' around here for the past week. Olly and the girls made me breakfast in bed, brought me chocolates and about 20 homemade cards... So many lovely things from pictures to drawings to hearts to writing... I am very lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment