Saturday, May 22, 2010

Spa, Spoilt and Birthdays

Tomorrow I am 40. Now this is not a fact which bothers me all that much.. until this morning when Meg said, "Mum, you know, you've been alive for 40 years." That's when I began to feel a little old... Still it's a great excuse for some fun and pampering.

This started yesterday with a day of fun with Olly who took the day off and arranged for the girls to be taken care. We had a lovely day; breakfast out, coffee, an early lunch with wine, an afternoon in the spa having massages and a blow dry, followed by steak at my favourite restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse - take a look at the website and you'll see why my mouth is watering just thinking about last night's dinner!

It was a super day! Thank you Olly!

I continued to be spoilt today. This morning Marcie (our next-door-neighbour) asked if she could 'have the girls for a couple of hours' - as if I'd refuse! When they returned a couple of hours later this is what I was presented with...


It is covered in Smarties, blueberries, chocolate chips and strawberries.... Yum!
And talking of birthdays, I had a bit of time to put some extra photos on the Flickr photostream, so you can now see some pictures of Tess' birthday.




There are lots more over there so take a look - her and her friends had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. V what beautiful lovely birthday you had but hey you deserve it.The cake is fantastic girlys i wil order one just like it for my day especialy with 40 on it. Well done kiddlings, cant waite to see you.Grandma xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi again Vickie Im upstairs sorting out some room for a bed for when you guys come to stay.Could you verify what dates you are actually with us, I thought I read on your blog you girls are coming for 4 weeks, this would be lovely but let me know. Went to Nanas yesturday she loved her letter. How is that guy of yours the one named "no ring at weekend to his mummy" Horton.Catch you soon love and hugs to Tess and Meg.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete