Monday, April 12, 2010

Banana Muffins, Spring and Tuckered



Monday morning seems to have come around quickly again. We're back into the daily routine of Olly off to work early, girls off to school (once we'd established that Tess did NOT have a temperature) and me off to the gym. A very ordinary, straight forward sort of morning.




Meg had a play date with Noah and Gus so I had a free afternoon. As I walked into the dining room I noticed my very sad looking fruit bowl - one apple and three very black bananas... This made me think of something my friend said the other day, "If life give you black bananas, make banana bread..." So that's what I did - I made banana muffins. Yum!


I finally feel that it's time to put away the winter things - it definitely feels spring enough out there. So I packed away all the scarves, woolly hats, gloves, snow boots, ski boots etc. What's the chance it'll snow before the weekend?


Now that the girls are finally asleep I'm feeling quite 'tuckered' - a word borrowed from the lovely book I'm reading to the girls at the moment. It's an old book, but the girls are loving it even though it's a little difficult.
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment