Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Favourite, Rubbish and Bike

Yesterday at my Moms' Group we took part in a session called 'My Favourite Things'. It was a light-hearted discussion about things we might recommend (face cream, hair spray) or places we love (restaurants, cookie shops) or simply things that made us happy (scrapbooking, baking). When I was thinking about what I might contribute the first favourite that came to mind was Toronto. I realised that Toronto is making me very happy at the moment. Now that we have the house found, it just feels really good to be back here. The girls are settled in school, I love connecting with my friends and, with the exception of being far away from friends and family, everything feels pretty good.


Even getting stuck in traffic on the way back from swimming yesterday took on a different feeling and I just appreciate being here in this city!

As usual I went into Tess' classroom this morning to help out. However, it wasn't a usual morning as the school is celebrating Earth Week this week by carrying out different activities every day. Today we went out rubbish collecting.


The class was very thorough; wearing an interesting collection of gardening, rubber, plastic gloves they rummaged for the tiniest pieces of rubbish (as, really, there is not to much in our neighbourhood) in the gutters and sidewalks of their designated block. They collected a surprisingly large amount and were excited to add it to the whole school's bins.

As my contribution to Earth Week I've been using my bike alot this week. And much to my surprise I've been loving it.... Better get a helmet....!

No comments:

Post a Comment