Friday, April 16, 2010

Negligent, Playground and Lost

After a really lovely morning volunteering in Meg's class, Meg and I wandered up to the DVD store to collect my 'watching experience' while Olly is away and to collect the drycleaning before the trip. Half way across the street I stopped in horror....! I had forgotten to collect Noah from school...

Just before school I had volunteered to pick up Noah for Dominique after Kindergarten (as I often do on Fridays), but after a packed morning and a brain half on the new house and half on Olly being away I completey and totally and utterly just forgot to collect him. How negligent of me! What a dreadful friend! Thank goodness for SNOD (the Social Network of Deloraine) as there were other (more reliable) people who scooped him up from the office.

Later, partly to make up for this mistake, I took Meg, Noah and Gus to the school playground when it was time to pick up Tess from school for the weekend. The sun came out, we bumped into lots of friends and played 'chopper' on the slide with a whole bunch of kids. Gill called to ask me to grab her girls too, so eight of us wandered home (very, very slowly).

Now I'm sitting here on my own: The girls are still out playing and Olly is packing for the trip. And between you and me I can't wait to pop the girls in bed and wave him off in the taxi so that I can begin the fourth season of 'Lost'. I will probably watch back to back episodes until midnight tonight (See, Pete - I really do lead an exciting life.) and wade through the entire season (26 episodes) while Olly is away. Yeh!
So I'm off to get 'lost!
PS From today's three words did you think this was going to be a terrible story of a child getting lost in the playground?

No comments:

Post a Comment