Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pages, Barbecue and Friendship

Yesterday was a lovely, busy day. Some friends were getting together to spend a day scrapbooking and I was invited too, so I spent a very pleasant few hours at Sue's house with a bunch of ladies doing what I love to do best. Here are my favourite two pages I completed yesterday... I really am a very slow scrapper!

This is a page I did about Tess and Olly watching the football match with Pete via Skype. The game wasn't on in England so they aimed the video camera at the TV and they all watched along together - very cute!

This is just one of those funny pictures of the girls together (I think they were eating sour candy) and we all love this little song.

As soon as I was finished there we had been invited to Daphne's for a barbecue. The invitation had been extended when the weather had been gorgeous earlier in the week, but by the time Saturday rolled around, the temperature had dropped (once more), we'd dug out the winter coats again and our 'barbecue' was quickly grilled burgers and a glass of wine indoors. Still, the kids had a wonderful time and I got to hang out with Daphne and Dominique.

This morning was a return to the beautiful spring-like weather we were enjoying earlier in the week. We went for a lovely hike through Sunnybrook Park with the Moores. This friendship really is special. The girls ambled through the trees finding interesting plants, digging up creatures, spotting beaver dams and listening to woodpeckers, chatting, laughing, and singing all the while.

And so ends another fun-packed weekend! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment