Saturday, April 24, 2010

Scrapping, Wheels and Sister

My crazy girlfriends were here until 12.30 last night. How wonderful that I have a group of friends as obsessed with scrapping as I am. We ate alot of snacks, Nancy and I drank a bottle of wine and we managed a page or two. Here are mine:






This one isn't quite finished. It was taken at Tess' birthday party; the girls were choosing who would be the seeker in hide and seek and used the rhyme, "Ip dip chocolate chip, you are not it..." I just loved how all their feet were 'in'.

And these are some favourite photos of Tess taken at the ski hill after lessons this winter. The skiing fashions definitely suit her!

Anyway, the next project will be the 'Week In The Life' stuff - can't wait!


As Olly is still away we were supposed to have another easy day... That is just a ridiculous thought! The lazy day included lots of visits with and visits from friends, playing out and generally having a bad-tempered, argumentative time... NOT an easy day!


There were all the girls from the street generally playing on an array of vehicles with wheels. Scooters, roller blades, skateboards, and Ripsticks. And all seemed to generate bad feelings and resentment in one way or another...

Tess is now determined to save up for a Ripstick of her own and I said we'd pay half if she managed to save enough.

Anyway, after such a stressful day we went to the Klugsberger's for dinner. (Thanks Dom and Pete, by the way!)
And as the girls were finally getting ready for bed, Tess began to count the money in her piggy bank.

Ripstick are around $100. Tess counted out $48... And then I heard the following conversation:

"Oh Meg - I love you so much. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. It's because I want you to have what you want that I've given it to you."

Meg had given her big sister the extra $2 out of her savings towards her goal. Isn't that lovely? Ahhh, perhaps today wasn't such a bad day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi V. what is a Ripstick? The pics are just wonderful it is a lovely idea of yours I will really try to remember how to work blog! lv u Jilly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this isnt my Meg wonderful J x

    ReplyDelete